|Maine State Senate District 2|
|December 1, 2010-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Maine State House of Representatives|
Ron is an experienced small business owner. He is a former part owner of a food brokerage company located in southern Maine, covering the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Collins' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We must strengthen the partnership between the General Fund and the Highway Fund to ensure our roads and bridges are safe."
- Excerpt:"Education reforms should empower local districts to decide what’s best for their students and communities."
Common Sense Spending
- Excerpt:"I support a full audit of every government program, especially the Department of Health and Human Services, which consumes about 30% of the state’s general fund spending."
Health Care Costs
- Excerpt:"I support a review of all state mandates on providers to identify and eliminate mandates that make health care unaffordable for too many Maine families."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Collins served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State and Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Collins served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State and Local Government|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
|Maine State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ronald Collins Incumbent||45.6%||9,301|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
|Maine State Senate, District|
|Ronald Collins (R)||8,591||54%|
|Richard Burns (D)||6,769||42%|
In the June 8th primary election, Collins ran unopposed. 
Collins' campaign website lists several main issues: 
- Transportation - "Transportation is vital to Maine’s economy. Over the next ten years, Maine is expected to have a $3 billion transportation budget hole. We can fill that budget hole, and keep our roads safe with a common sense funding plan that protects our roads and bridges without raising taxes."
- Education - "Maine spends 25% more per student than the national average, yet our results are mediocre...Maine needs more options, less bureaucracy, and a commitment to prepare our students for success."
- Spending - "Excessive government spending has resulted in nearly $12 billion in debt for which Maine families are on the hook. Augusta’s tax-and-spend culture must end. I support a full audit of every government program, especially the Department of Health and Human Services, which consumes about 30% of the state’s general fund spending."
- Health care - "We should have the right to buy health insurance plans available in other states, just like we can with our homeowners, vehicle and life insurance. With more coverage choices, Mainers can find an affordable plan that meets their family’s needs. We must also cut the red tape that drives up insurance costs in Maine. I support a review of all state mandates on providers to identify and eliminate mandates that make health care unaffordable for too many Maine families."
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Collins raised $22,370 in contributions. 
His largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $20,870 to his campaign.
Collins has been married for 42 years to his wife Linda. They are both life-long York County residents.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ronald + Collins + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mother's Day Special: Dinner with the Smileys - Parade - PARADE
- Senators Cardin & Collins celebrate American Craft Beer Week with intro BREW ... - Examiner.com
- Cast of characters gathers around the table for 'Dinner With the Smileys' - Bangor Daily News
- Senate immigration-reform bill draws fire, lobbyists - Columbus Dispatch
- Battle over US immigration bill starts in Congress - CattleNetwork.com
- How senators voted: Expanding gun background checks - USA Today - USA TODAY
- Does Obama Still Have Enough Political 'Juice' to Wrangle Congress? - PBS NewsHour (blog)
- Small business owners voice concerns over east west highway - WCSH-TV
- Analysis: Senate vote shows gun-control advocates the size of challenge - Reuters
- Susan Collins says airport delays are 'manufactured crisis' by Obama ... - Bangor Daily News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Ron Collins for State Senate on Facebook
- ↑ Official campaign website
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Maine Elected Officials and Leaders," February 6, 2012
- ↑ Maine Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," June 12, 2012
- ↑ Maine Official Election Results
- ↑ Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Maine
- ↑ Ron Collins for State Senate
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Richard Nass (R)
|Maine State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|