|North Carolina State Senate District 12|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||National War College|
|Master's||George Washington University|
|Service/branch||Colonel, United States Army|
|Years of service||24|
Rabin graduated from the National War College and earned his master's degree from George Washington University. He worked in the aerospace and defense industries prior to his retirement. He retired from the United States Army as a Colonel after 24 years of service.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rabin served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture/Environment/Natural Resources|
|• Appropriations on Natural and Economic Resources|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Health Care|
|• Pensions & Retirement & Aging|
Rabin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"Ronald Rabin understands the number one issue facing our state is getting our economy back on track. Ronald knows what it takes to create jobs and grow a business. The solution is simple. When government gets out of the way, businesses can grow, hire and prosper."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Ronald Rabin opposes all tax increases. Families have to work within their budgets and Ronald believes government should be no different. As our state Senator, he will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first."
- Excerpt:"Our state’s high school drop out rate is over 30%. This is unacceptable. Ronald Rabin believes the best way to support education is to fund the classroom directly and not wasteful bureaucracies. When money is sent to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt:"Ronald supports legislation that will update the funding formula in order to ensure counties receive their fair share of road funding and that the roads and bridges we drive on are safe."
- Excerpt:"onald understands one of the highest expenses for small business owners and families is their healthcare coverage. He supports allowing employees to use their pretax income to purchase private healthcare. Also, Ronald supports “flexible benefits” which will allow families to choose plans that best suits their needs."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Ronald Rabin is unopposed in the Republican primary, while James Clark will face Joe Langley in the Democratic primary.
Rabin ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 12. He advanced to a primary runoff after running against Donald S. Davis, Tim McNeill, and Daniel Glover in the Republican primary on May 8. Rabin then defeated Donald S. Davis in the runoff on July 17, 2012. He defeated Brad Salmon (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Rabin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Rabin raised a total of $195,972 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
|Ronald Rabin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 12||$195,972|
|Grand Total Raised||$195,972|
2012Rabin won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Rabin raised a total of $195,972.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Rabin's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$72,849|
|Rabin, Ronald Joseph||$52,003|
|Levinson, David N||$12,100|
|Huff III, Denver Ralph||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$195,972|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Rabin and his wife, Mona, have three children and nine grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ronald + Rabin + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- ronaldrabin.com, "About Ronald," accessed March 24, 2014
- ronaldrabin.com - Issues
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Results, 2012," accessed April 15, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 9, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official Primary Election Results, retrieved June 18, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Rabin, Ronald Joseph" Accessed August 28, 2013
David Rouzer (R)
|North Carolina State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|