Rose Meza Harrison
|Rose Meza Harrison|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 27|
Harrison's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Strengthening America’s Education System
- Excerpt: "Rose Meza Harrison knows that education is the key to the American Dream and continued American prosperity. We need to prepare our young people for a future where they will have to compete for jobs with people all over the world. Excellent schools should be available to every American child. "
- Middle Class Tax Cuts
- Excerpt: "Rose Meza Harrison understands the struggles of the middle class and is committed to providing them tax relief."
- Protecting Americas Seniors
- Excerpt: "Roes Meza Harrison is dedicated to protecting Americas seniors. Part of the American Dream is feeling secure in your old age. Attacks on programs like Medicare and Social Security only increase the insecurity seniors feel about their future and need to be stopped."
- Supporting Veterans and their Families
- Excerpt: "Rose Meza Harrison is dedicated to helping the members of our armed forces and their families. The sacrifices that these individuals make on a daily basis can never be overstated."
- Creating Long-Term Job Opportunities
- Excerpt: "Rose Meza Harrison believes that America can lead the future in energy."
Harrison ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 27th District. She and Jerry Trevino defeated Murphy Alade Junaid and Ronnie McDonald in the May 29, 2012, Democratic primary and advanced to the runoff. She then defeated Trevino in the July 31 runoff election. Harrison faced Blake Farenthold (R), Corrie Byrd (L), and William Bret Baldwin (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 27 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Blake Farenthold Incumbent||56.8%||120,684|
|Democratic||Rose Meza Harrison||39.2%||83,395|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 27 Runoff Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rose Meza Harrison||60.6%||7,024|
|Jerry J. Trevino||39.4%||4,565|
|U.S. House, Texas District 27, 2012 - Rose Meza Harrison Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,153,105|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,182,936|
|Top contributors to Rose Meza Harrison's campaign committee|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$15,000|
|United Food & Commercial Workers Union||$10,000|
|Communications Workers of America||$7,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Harrison has three children.
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Texas," November 6, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- Texas Democrats, "2012 Candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Democratic primary results," May 29, 2012
- Associated Press, Primary runoff results," accessed August 31, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report-2012 Democratic Party Primary Runoff," accessed August 30, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Rose Meza Harrison 2012 Election Cycle," accessed April 2, 2013
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |