Ross C. Paustian
|Ross C. Paustian|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 92|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Iowa House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University (1978)|
|Place of birth||Davenport, IA|
Paustian earned his B.S. in Animal Science from South Dakota State University. His professional experience includes owning Paustian Enterprises, LLC, a farrow-to-finish hog producer and serving as President of the Scott County Farm Bureau and the Scott County Pork Producers.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Paustian served on the following committees:
- Environmental Protection
- Subcommittee on Agriculture and Natural Resources (Joint Appropriations), Vice Chair
- Ways and Means
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Frank B. Wood was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Ross C. Paustian was unopposed in the Republican primary. Wood faced Paustian in the general election. Challenger Paustian defeated incumbent Wood in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 92, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ross C. Paustian||54.2%||6,117|
|Democratic||Frank B. Wood Incumbent||45.8%||5,175|
Paustian ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 92. Paustian ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by Frank B. Wood (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ross C. Paustian Incumbent||47.6%||7,626|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 84 General Election (2010)|
|Ross C. Paustian (R)||6,259|
|Sheri L. Carnahan (D)||4,682|
In 2010, Paustian raised $238,498 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$160,972|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$11,515|
|John Deere & Co||$2,500|
|Associated Builders & Contractors Of Iowa||$1,500|
|Educational Opportunities PAC||$1,500|
Paustian and his wife, Carol, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ross + Paustian + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa State Legislature
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa state legislative districts
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Frank Wood (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 92
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa House District 84
| Succeeded by|
David Heaton (R)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |