Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Attorney General of Connecticut|
- Bachelor's degree, University of Connecticut
- Juris Doctorate degree, University of Connecticut School of Law (with honors)
On Wednesday, August 4, 2010, Martha Dean, a Republican challenger in the race for state attorney general, announced that she was threatening Garber with a defamation suit unless he retracted "statements made about her stance on decriminalizing drugs," specifically cocaine and heroin. Paul Pacelli, spokesman for the Dean campaign, has accused Garber of taking "her positions on some social issues and twist[ing] them every which way, trying to convince people that Martha is out of step with Connecticut voters. Furthermore, he contends that since the primary campaign started Garber's campaign has sought to shape the contest in terms of social issues when it should be about being the state's top law enforcement official.
|2010 Race for Attorney General - Republican Primary|
|Republican Party||Martha Dean||60.5%|
|Republican Party||Ross Garber||39.5%|
Garber for Attorney General
PO Box 10
South Glastonbury, CT 06073
Phone: (860) 430-9709
- Shipman & Goodwin LLP - Ross Garber's biography
- Ross Garber's Twitter account
- Rossgarber.com 2010 Campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from August 5, 2010.
- The Hartford Courant "Republican Ross Garber Is Running For Attorney General; Exit By Susan Bysiewicz, His Sister-in-Law, Opens Door" 19 May, 2010
- Ethiopian Review "Martha Dean Wins GOP AG Endorsement; Ross Garber Qualifies For Primary" 22 May, 2010
- The Connecticut Mirror "Dean wins GOP nod for attorney general, Garber concedes" 10 Aug. 2010
- Stamford Advocate "GOP attorney general candidate threatens opponent with defamation lawsuit" 4 Aug. 2010
- News Times "GOP attorney general candidate Martha Dean to announce 'legal action' against opponent Ross Garber" 3 Aug. 2010
- The Register Citizen "Martha Dean may sue rival in attorney general race" 3 Aug. 2010
- Connecticut Secretary of State - 2010 Primary Election Results