Ross Lynn Leone
|Ross Lynn Leone|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 15|
|Bachelor's||Louisiana State University|
|Place of birth||Houston, Texas|
Leone earned a degree in Management and Marketing form Louisiana State University. He worked for the IRS for 25 years and is now retired.
Leone's campaign website lists the following issues:
- No more bailouts
- Excerpt: "Republicans and Democrats keep interfering in our economy, making taxpayers pay when big businesses make bad decisions. That just encourages them to act irresponsibly. The government should stop picking winners and losers."
- End foreign wars
- Excerpt: "Republicans used to say they opposed nation-building, yet they have led nation-building efforts in countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Democrats promised to end the wars abroad, but they have only prolonged them. We need to end our policies of foreign interventionism now, stop the drone attacks, and bring our troops home."
- Shut down federal departments
- Excerpt: "We need to shut down federal departments such as Education, Commerce and Homeland Security. Republicans have often promised to reduce these departments, but have not followed through on these promises."
- No more farm subsidies
- Excerpt: "Politicians from agricultural states use farm subsidies to buy votes. Farmers don't need subsidies, and most of the benefits go to huge agribusinesses. Let's reduce the burden on taxpayers by ending farm subsidies."
- End the TSA
- Excerpt: "The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) wastes our money groping us at airports. The TSA isn't doing us any good, it's just wasteful security theater that violates our rights. Let's end it."
Leone ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 35th District. He ran as a Libertarian candidate. He ran against Susan Narvaiz (R), incumbent Lloyd Doggett (D), Meghan Owen (G), and William Paul Frederick Wright (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 35 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Lloyd Doggett Incumbent||63.9%||105,626|
|Libertarian||Ross Lynn Leone||2.5%||4,082|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Leone has three children and is a Christian.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ross + Leone + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 15th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 15th Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Texas," November 6, 2012
- Campaign website,' "About," accessed January 22, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 22, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Federal Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Texas Libertarian Party, "Candidate list," accessed June 10, 2012
- Politico, "5 primaries to watch" accessed April 18, 2012
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |