|Governor of Indiana|
|Birthday||January 27, 1964|
|Place of birth||Detroit, MI|
Boneham was born on January 27, 1964 in Detroit, MI and grew up in Kokomo, IN. He gained international celebrity as a contestant on the reality-based game show "Survivor." Using prize money from the show, Boneham created Rupert's Kids, an organization that mentors at-risk youth. He also owns and operates several small businesses.
Boneham is Vice President of I Saw You On TV, Owner of RFB Enterprises, and CEO/Owner of Tournament Towers.
Boneham ran on the Libertarian ticket for Governor of Indiana. He lost to Democrat John Gregg and Republican Mike Pence in the November 6, 2012 general election. His running mate was Brad Klopfenstein.
|Governor/Lieutenant Governor of Indiana General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Gregg / Vi Simpson||46.6%||1,200,016|
|Republican||Mike Pence / Sue Ellspermann||49.5%||1,275,424|
|Libertarian||Rupert Boneham / Brad Klopfenstein||4%||101,868|
|Independent||Donnie Harold Harris / George Fish||0%||21|
|Election Results via Indiana Secretary of State.|
The major issue of the 2012 campaign was jobs, with each candidate detailing their plan to get citizens back to work. Boneham said Indiana farmers could begin growing fiber crops, including hemp and bamboo, in order to allow clothes and other goods to be made within the state.
- Economic development:
In terms of economic development, Boneham said he would address the entire state, but divide it into three sections in order to focus each area on their individual needs. This would include a concentration on industrial businesses in northern Indiana, and an agricultural focus in southern areas.
Bonehan and his wife, Laura, live in Indianapolis. They have one daughter, Raya.
- Rupert for Governor
- Facebook campaign page
- Rupert Boneham on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart summary profile
- Appearances on C-SPAN, including election debates
- Interview with the editorial board of The Indianapolis Star
- IMDb profile
- WorldCat Identities profile including his book Rupert: Just Being Me
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 LPIN.org, "Rupert Boneham to seek the libertarian party nomination for governor," October 22, 2011
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rupert Boneham," accessed August 24, 2012
- ↑ OshKosh Hub, "'Survivor' star nominated for Indiana governor's race," March 25, 2012
- ↑ The Herald Bulletin, "Ind. governor hopefuls detail jobs ideas for race," May 13, 2012
- ↑ South Bend Tribune, "Governors race ready to ramp up," May 13, 2012