|Alabama State Senate District 34|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Associate's||Faulkner State Community College, 1986|
|Bachelor's||University of South Alabama, 1989|
|Master's||University of South Alabama, 1999|
|Birthday||April 17, 1966|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
|Profession||High School History Teacher|
From the University of South Alabama, Glover received a B. S. in Secondary Education, a Master's degree in Secondary Education and a Master's degree in History.
Glover served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee Vice-Chair
- Business and Labor Committee Chair
- Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability Committee
- Local Legislation No. 3 Committee
- Rules Committee
- Tourism and Marketing Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Rusty Glover was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Glover won re-election to the 34th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the November 2 general election.
Glover raised $285,077 for his campaign.
In 2010, Glover raised $96,255 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Retail Association||$12,500|
|Alabama Power Co||$10,000|
In 2006, Glover collected $285,077 in donations.
His six largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$46,924|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$10,000|
|Alabama Associated General Contractors||$10,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
In 2010, Glover's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Glover and his wife, Connie, have two children. They currently reside in Mobile, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rusty + Glover + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Rusty Glover
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Rusty Glover (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002
- Rusty Glover rocks!!! page on Facebook
- Official Senate Biography
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Rusty Glover
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
|Alabama House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|