|Maryland House of Delegates District 44|
| Term in office began|
January 12, 1983
| Term in office ended|
January 12, 2011
Kirk is a member of the Advisory Council on Offender Employment Coordination, Governor's Council on Adolescent Pregnancy, Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, and Women Legislators of Maryland.
- Economic Matters
- Deathcare Industry Workgroup
- Subcommittee on Business Regulation
- Subcommittee on Workers Compensation
Kirk was defeated in the September 14 Democratic primary.
Ruth Kirk raised $19,115 for her campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 44|
|Melvin Stukes (D)||13,173||34.0%|
|Ruth Kirk (D)||12,894||33.3%|
|Keith Haynes (D)||12,565||32.4%|
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Ruth Kirk
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
|Maryland House of Delegates District 44
1983–January 12, 2011
| Succeeded by|
Keiffer Mitchell, Jr.
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |