|Arkansas State Senate District 3|
|2001-January 10, 2013|
|State Senate Minority Leader|
|Base salary||$15,869 per year|
|Per diem||$136 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Hendrix College (1958)|
|Birthday||December 13, 1936|
|Place of birth||Blytheville, Arkansas|
Whitaker is a former Alderman of the City of Cedarville. She worked as a Secretary for the Arkansas State Republican Party from 1992 to 1994.
Whitaker earned her BA from Hendrix College in 1958. Whitaker has worked as a Political Advisor and a Community Activist.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Whitaker served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Claims
- Insurance and Commerce Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Arkansas State Senate, Vice Chair
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Senate Rules, Resolutions and Memorials Committee, Arkansas State Senate, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Whitaker served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development
- Judiciary Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Senate Rules, Resolutions and Memorials Committee, Arkansas State Senate
Whitaker raised $31,243 for her campaign.
Whitaker raised no money in the 2010 election cycle.
In 2008, Whitaker collected $31,243 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Friedkin Business Services||$2,000|
|Rural Arkansas Telecommunications||$2,000|
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ruth + Whitaker + Arkansas + Senate"
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Whitaker is a widow. She has two children and two grandchildren.
- Official Arkansas State Senate website of Senator Ruth Whitaker
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Ruth Whitaker
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000
|Arkansas State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|
Cecile Bledsoe (R)