|Virginia Senate District 4|
|2006 - Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
|J.D.||Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William and Mary|
|Place of birth||Hanover, Virginia|
McDougle received a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and History at James Madison University. McDougle later attended and received a J.D. at Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William and Mary.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, McDougle served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, McDougle served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources
- Courts of Justice
- Rehabilitation and Social Services
McDougle represents Virginia Senate District 4. Senate District 4 includes Caroline County, Essex County, Hanover County, King and Queen County, King William County, Middlesex County, Spotsylvania(part).
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
McDougle raised $181,130 for his campaign.
|Virginia State Senate, District 4 (2007)|
|Ryan McDougle (R)||33,148||98.30%|
In 2011, McDougle received $342,649 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ryan McDougle's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$14,500|
|Virginia Senate Republican Caucus||$13,511|
|Republican Paty Of Virginia||$12,550|
|Virginia Auto & Truck Dealers PAC||$11,750|
|Total Raised in 2011||$342,649|
Below are McDougle's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|McDougle Law Firm||$7,950|
|Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen (law firm)||$7,500|
|Highway Service Ventures||$7,000|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$7,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$5,500|
McDougle's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Keeping the Promise of Lower Taxes
- Excerpt: "Ryan strongly believes that Virginia taxpayers both want and deserve th keep as much of their hard earned money as possible. That’s why he works hard to decrease the tax burden on all Virginians."
- Making Our Neighborhoods Safer
- Excerpt: "Ryan supports Virginia’s death penalty and no-parole policy. He has the crime-fighting experience we need to keep our neighborhoods safe for our families."
- Providing Our Children with the Best Education
- Excerpt: "As public education remains a top priority in our community, Ryan has made a promise to preserve funding for our schools. Ryan also supports Virginia’s high academic standards and accountability in our schools so parents and taxpayers know our children are getting an exceptional education and are well-prepared for the future."
- Protecting Our Environment
- Excerpt: "As someone who enjoys the outdoors, Ryan deeply understands the importance of maintaining our natural environment. Ryan believes in protecting Virginia’s natural resources so that they may be enjoyed for generations to come."
- Upholding the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Ryan is a strong supporter of our constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights."
McDougle was born in Hanover, Virginia on November 9, 1971. He is married to Beatriz G. McDougle.
- Sen. McDougle's website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2007
- Ryan McDougle on Facebook
- Ryan McDougle on Twitter
|Virginia Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|