Ryan Smith (Ohio)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 93|
|2012 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||House Republican Caucus|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Gallia Academy High School, 1991|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University, 1995|
Smith was elected to the Gallipolis City School Board of Education in 2008 and has been re-elected for a 2012 to 2015 term. Smith's professional experience includes working as a financial consultant, vice president, and partner at Smith Financial Advisors of Hilliard Lyons and financial consultant at Advest, Inc. He earned his BS in finance from Ohio State University in 1995.
Smith's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The funding of primary and secondary education has been a hotly debated topic for years at the state level and is one of the largest line item expenses in the state’s budget. Rural schools must have a strong voice in Columbus to defend their position since the reliance on local property taxes continues to be the great divide in an equal education for every Ohio student. Consequently, the pressures on rural schools’ budgets have forced them to shrink their workforce, which often increases class sizes and diminishes the effectiveness of our educators. This is a problem that we cannot outrun. We must roll up our sleeves and work hard to find a solution to help give our children the best possible chance to be successful in life."
- Excerpt: "Much like education, the health and human services allotment in the state’s biennial budget is one of the largest demands on the general fund. We must continue to find efficiencies in order to control this expense without sacrificing the quality of the services being offered to the residents of the great state of Ohio."
- Excerpt: "For too long we have watched many of our most talented children leave rural Ohio to take advantage of job opportunities in the hi-tech arena that were not available locally. As your State Representative, I will work hard to find ways to utilize our state resources to recruit business to fill this void and to keep our children and grandchildren in our communities."
- Excerpt: "Through my profession as a financial consultant and having served as President of the Chamber of Commerce and Community Improvement Corporation I have had the pleasure to work with many business owners and I have a good understanding of the many challenges they face. I believe we need smaller government to help reduce the red tape that has been created and acts as an impediment to start new businesses and to growth in existing businesses."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Smith served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Appropriations|
|• Health and Aging|
Smith won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 93. Smith defeated James Riepenhoff and Bill Dingus in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Josh Bailey (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 93, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ryan Smith Incumbent||64.2%||29,866|
|Ohio State House of Representatives, District 93 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Smith and his wife, Vicki, have four children; Grant, Blake, Kennedy, and Camryn.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ryan + Smith + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Open house showcases CAO weatherization program - Ironton Tribune
- Predicting Winners of the 10 Most Intriguing NFL Training-Camp Battles - Bleacher Report
- Smith says goodbye to D&E grads - The Inter-Mountain
- Hearing on IRS: What ousted chief offers, Republicans don't buy - Alaska Dispatch
- Museum and Gallery Listings for May 17-23 - New York Times
- Weatherization open house set for May 20 in Chesapeake - Ironton Tribune
- Michael Maxwell, Suspected Robber, Takes Mugshot After Victims Beat, Tasered ... - Huffington Post
- The Playbook - Mesquitenews
- Thirteen Glandorf scouts inducted as Eagle Scouts - Lima Ohio
- 'I never forgot about you': Families reunite with women held captive for years - CNN International
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House webpage
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Ryan Smith on Facebook
- Ryan Smith on Twitter
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 93
| Succeeded by|
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 87
| Succeeded by|
Jeffrey McClain (R)
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |