|Montana State Senate District 2|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Bachelor's||University of Oregon, 1984|
|Master's||National University, 1991|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Birthday||November 1, 1961|
|Place of birth||Bozeman, MT|
Zinke earned his B.S. in Geology from the University of Oregon in 1984. He went on to receive his MBA in Finance from the National University in 1991. He then earned his M.S. in Global Leadership from the University of San Diego in 2004.
Zinke was Mission Commander for SEAL Team Six in 1992. He was then Ground Force Commander for Joint Special Operations Command in 1996. He was also a Commander in a Joint Task Force in Bosnia and Kosovo in 1999 and 2001 respectively. In 2003 he was an Executive Officer at a SEAL Training Center. Zinke was Deputy Commander of CJSOTF-AP Special Forces in Iraq in 2004. In 2006 he was Director of Naval Special Warfare Technology. He then worked as President/CEO of CDI in 2008. He was also President of Great Northern Peace Park Foundation in 2008.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Zinke served on these committees:
- Education and Cultural Resources, Chair
- Finance and Claims
- Highways and Transportation
- Joint Committee on Judicial Branch, Law Enforcement, and Justice, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Zinke served on these committees:
- Education and Cultural Resources Committee, Montana Senate
- Finance and Claims Committee, Montana Senate
- Highways and Transportation Committee, Montana Senate
Zinke is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Montana's At-Large District. Zinke is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Zinke sought the Republican nomination for Lieutenant Governor of Montana. He and his running mate, Neil Livingstone, finished 5th in a field of seven pairs of candidates in the June 5th primary election.
|Montana State Senate, District 2 (2008)|
|Ryan Zinke (R)||5,498|
|Brittany MacLean (D)||4,571|
In 2008, Zinke collected $40,125 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
Zinke and his wife, Lolita Charlotte, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ryan + Zinke + Montana + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- United States House of Representatives elections in Montana, 2014
- Montana's At-Large Congressional District
- Ryan Zinke's official Montana State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
|Montana Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|
Dee Brown (R)