S. Michael DeRosa
|S. Michael DeRosa|
|U.S. House, Connecticut, District 1|
|Bachelor's||University of Connecticut|
DeRosa earned his BA in History from the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT. He has worked in a number of positions, including a school teacher and the producer and host of a weekly journalism interview radio show, New Focus.
DeRosa stated the following about his campaign issues in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia:
"I support the Green Party’s economic recovery plan called the Green New Deal. This plan is supported by our Presidential candidate Jill Stein and our Vice-Presidential candidate Cheri Honkala (write-in candidates in CT). This plan calls for the following:
- A Full Employment Green Jobs Program that will create 25 million jobs by implementing a nationally funded, but locally controlled direct employment initiative.
- Over 25% of the mortgages in CT are under water and over 10% are in foreclosure. As your congressman, I will submit a bill to allow foreclosure judges the power to allow people to stay in their homes and require banks to accept a Rent To Buy agreement for five years.
- Democratize monetary policy by placing the Federal Reserve Banks under a democratically controlled Monetary Authority within the Treasury Department.
- Restore the Glass-Steagall separation of depository commercial banks from speculative investment banks.
- The Green New Deal will create massive conservation, solar, wind, geothermal, and small hydro energy systems and a clean transportation system. We oppose nuclear power because it is inherently unsafe and dangerous."
DeRosa ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Connecticut's 1st District. DeRosa ran as a Green Party candidate. He faced incumbent John B. Larson (D) and John Henry Decker (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Larson was re-elected in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Connecticut District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John B. Larson Incumbent||69.7%||206,973|
|Republican||John Henry Decker||27.7%||82,321|
|Green||S. Michael DeRosa||1.8%||5,477|
|Source: Connecticut Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + DeRosa + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia, October 20, 2012]
- General election candidates
- ABC News, "2012 General Election Results," accessed November 6, 2012