|Transparency grading process|
Salem is an independent city located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is considered a county-equivalent.
- Main article: Evaluation of Virginia county websites
- City council members are listed, but individual contact information is not provided for all of them.
- Meeting schedule and agenda are available.
- Building permits and zoning information available.
- Local tax information is available. Taxes can be paid online.
- Annual financial audit reports available.
- Administrative officials are listed under respective departments.
- Only the budget summary is published.
- Information on contracts not provided.
- Does not include information on Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations.
- Does not include information on how to request public records under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
- (timed out)government/council/members.html Council
- (timed out)government/council/index.html Meetings
- Agenda (timed out) (timed out)
- (timed out)depts/building/forms.html Building Forms
- (timed out)depts/commrev/index.html Commissioner of Revenue
- (timed out)collections/taxes.html Taxes
- (timed out)depts/finance/index.html Finance
- (timed out)depts/ Departments
- (timed out)depts/finance/index.html Finance - Budget Summary