|Mississippi State Senate, District 39|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi University for Women|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
Doty graduated from the Mississippi University for Women and earned her J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law. Her professional experience includes working as an attorney, small business owner, and law school faculty member. Doty has practiced law in Brookhaven and Jackson.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Doty served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Judiciary, Division A, Chair|
|• Public Property, Vice Chair|
|• Business and Financial Institutions|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Economic Development|
|• Judiciary, Division B|
Elections for the office of Mississippi State Senate will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Doty won the 2011 election for Mississippi Senate District 39. She defeated David Nichols, II in the primary on August 2, 2011, and defeated Bill Boerner in a primary runoff election on August 23, 2011. W.L. Rayburn defeated Michael Smith in the Democratic primary. Doty defeated Rayburn in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 General Election, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary Runoff, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary, 2011|
|David Nichols, II||17.6%||1,059|
In 2011, Doty received $96,718 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sally Doty's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$11,648|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$96,718|
|Total Votes received in 2011||12,182|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.94|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Doty and her husband, Don, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Sally + Doty + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces “Mississippi Leaders With Newt”," March 12, 2012
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Clarion Ledger, "Longwitz, Harkins apparent winners in GOP Senate races," August 23, 2011
- WDAM "Election 2011 Runoff Results," August 23, 2011
- Sun Herald, "Legislative incumbents toppled," August 23, 2011
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi State Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|