|Mississippi Senate District 39|
|2012 - Present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi University for Women|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
Doty is an attorney and small business owner. She has practiced law in Brookhaven, MS and Jackson, MS and served on the faculty at Mississippi College of Law.
She graduated from Mississippi University for Women and received her JD from Mississippi College School of Law.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Doty won the 2011 election for Mississippi Senate District 39. She defeated David Nichols, II in the primary on August 2, 2011, and defeated Bill Boerner in a primary runoff election on August 23, 2011. W.L. Rayburn defeated Michael Smith in the Democratic primary. Doty defeated Rayburn in the general election on November 8, 2011. 
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 General Election, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary Runoff, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary, 2011|
|David Nichols, II||17.6%||1,059|
In 2011, Doty received $96,718 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sally Doty's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$11,648|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$96,718|
|Total Votes received in 2011||12,182|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.94|
On her website, Doty identifies the issues with which she is concerned:
- Better schools - Smarter use of our education dollars
- More Jobs - Phase-out the inventory tax and streamline licensing and permitting procedures
- Medicaid Reform - Tougher laws to stop fraud and waste
- 2nd Amendment - Protect our right to bear arms
She also responded to the Daily Leader's campaign questionnaire, and published her responses online.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sally + Doty + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Doty and her husband, Don, have three children.
- ↑ Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces “Mississippi Leaders With Newt”," March 12, 2012
- ↑ Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- ↑ Clarion Ledger "Longwitz, Harkins apparent winners in GOP Senate races," August 23, 2011
- ↑ WDAM "Election 2011 Runoff Results," August 23, 2011
- ↑ Sun Herald "Legislative incumbents toppled," August 23, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Sally Doty.com, "Issues," accessed August 24, 2011
|Mississippi State Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|