|Vermont Senate Chittenden District|
|2011 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin|
|J.D.||SUNY Law School|
|Birthday||January 30, 1951|
|Place of birth||Omaha, NE|
An attorney by trade, Fox worked in the public sector over a decade before turning to politics. She began her career as an attorney with the Vermont Developmental Disabilities Law Project, and later went on to serve as Director of Family Court Operations for the Vermont Supreme Court. She also worked as a Policy Director for Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility and a coordinator for the City of Burlington Offender Reentry Program.
She holds a BA from the University of Wisconsin and a JD from the State University of New York Law School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fox served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Welfare, Vice-chair|
|• Health Care Oversight|
|• Corrections Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fox served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Judicial Retention|
|• Joint Energy|
Fox's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Public Education
- Excerpt: "I have spent much of my career advocating for educational opportunity. I began as an advocate for pre-school programs, and most recently have worked in the Statehouse on behalf of the state college system."
- Excerpt: "The Vermont budget is a reflection of the priorities of our state. Tax dollars support programs that benefit all Vermonters – public safety, building roads and telecommunications networks, providing education, and environmental protection. One of the most crucial functions of government is to protect and support our most vulnerable citizens."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Vermont passed legislation in the last biennum, ( Act 48 and Act 171 http://www.leg.state.vt.us/docs/acts.cfm?Session=2012) that sets the state on the road to universal access to health care as a human right. The law utilizes the federal Affordable Care Act to set up mechanisms to purchase health insurance through a Health Benefit Exchange, and offer subsidies to keep coverage affordable."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Vermont’s economy has fared better many other states in this economic crisis, but our challenge is still enormous. The state budget must be reduced, and many families are finding it difficult to make ends meet. Everyone in Vermont should be able to have a job with a livable wage, health insurance and the ability to send their kids to college."
- Excerpt: "A sustainable and responsible energy policy is critical to Vermont’s economic development yet must also preserve our environment. We can do more to prioritize energy conservation and lessen the overall demand for fuel. Investments in renewable energy in state buildings can reduce state operating costs and support Vermont businesses."
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Fox won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Chittenden District. Fox advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
Fox was elected to the 7th District Seat (Chittenden District) in 2010. She ran against Virginia Lyons (D), Hinda Miller (D), Philip Baruth (D), Timothy Ashe (D), Frank Geier (D), and Andy Montroll (D) in the primary. She defeated Annette Roque Renaud (R), Dennis Bedard (R), Shelley Palmer (R), Mike Branon (R), Richard Jeroloman (I), Steve Laible (I), Mikey Van Gulden (I), Andy Montroll (D), and Larkin Forney (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, the year Fox first won election to the Senate, she collected $36,398 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Andy (last name illegible)||$2,000|
Fox is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sally + Fox + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Galbraith angers Vermont Senate colleagues - Brattleboro Reformer
- Vermont Senate to take up campaign finance as session nears end - The Republic
- Delta Dental unhappy with combined coverage plan - vtdigger.org
- House committee kills tenant water rights bill - VTDigger - vtdigger.org
- Shumlin's funding plan to boost child care remains a tough sell - vtdigger.org
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found