|California State Senate District 13|
|California State Assembly|
|Birthday||April 24, 1961|
|Place of birth||Detroit, MI|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Lieber served in the State Assembly from 2002 to 2008, when term limits prevented her from running again. She represented the 22nd Assembly District. A few of the towns that were in her former district are in the new, redistircted State Senate District 13, but the majority of the district was not inside the 22nd Assembly District.
Lieber's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Clean Air, Clean Water
- Excerpt: "Clean air and clean water are the most important legacy we can leave the next generation. Protection and restoration of the San Francisco Bay and the wildlife habitat that it provides is critical to our economy and to the health of our communities. Ocean and coastline protection can only be achieved through comprehensive regulation of toxic chemical and petroleum shipment."
- Education, Jobs and Opportunity
- Excerpt: "For too long, a lack of focus at the state level has caused confusion and needless work for local school districts and teachers. Standardized testing should be reduced and an emphasis should be placed on critical thinking and problem solving skills. STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) education and entrepreneurship experience must be priorities."
- Government Reform
- Excerpt: "Transparency is the key to ensuring that the performance of state government improves and that the public’s interest is protected. Information about California’s budget and all legislative bills should be available in real time, on the web, in an accessible format. "
- Women’s Empowerment
- Excerpt: "Re-orienting the way we do things to promote the empowerment of low income women will benefit our future economic success. A woman’s right to choose, access to education, equal pay and consumer protections benefit families and communities in numerous ways."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Lieber ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 13. She and assemblyman Gerald Hill (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Christopher Kent Chiang (D) and John H. Webster (L). She was then defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 13, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sally J. Lieber||33.9%||112,321|
Lieber is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sally + Lieber + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- San Mateo County Times, "Hill and Lieber stand out in 13th Senate District campaign," May 25, 2012
- San Mateo County Times, "Senate race opens up," April 30, 2012
- Campaign website
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014