Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona State Senate District 5|
Scarmardo's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Our Constitution
- Excerpt: "Too much of what our government does lacks a Constitutional basis, so I will always first ask whether what we are voting on is Constitutional or not."
- Excerpt: " will never vote for a bill that results in you paying more in taxes. I co-wrote and helped pass Prop 200 back in 1996 and since then we haven’t had any tax increases in Lake Havasu City since then."
- Excerpt: "I will only vote for balanced budgets and I will not increase our state’s debt. We need to be paying off our debts, not borrowing more. Debt will enslave us if we allow us, so we must live within our means."
- Excerpt: "I support and will defend SB1070, secure borders, employer sanctions, and efforts to enforce our laws and protect our citizens and our jobs. Illegal is illegal, and that isn’t going to change no matter how often the mainstream media tries to redefine it."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "Our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Period. That’s what I believe, that is my record, and that is how I have lived my life."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2012
Scarmardo ran in the 2012 election for Arizona State Senate District 5. He and Nancy McLain were defeated by Kelli Ward in the August 28, 2012, Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona State Senate, District 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sam + Scarmardo + Arizona + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found