|Illinois House of Representatives District 62|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Avon Township Supervisor|
|High school||Carmel Catholic High School|
|Place of birth||Lake County, Illinois|
|Profession||Licensed real estate broker|
Yingling is the Avon Township Supervisor, with prior experience in real estate and advertising. He graduated from DePaul University with a degree in Public Policy and Urban Planning. He has served on several boards, including the Round Lake Chamber of Commerce as president.
Yingling told the Grayslake Patch that he seeks state-level property tax reform, the reestablishment of the idea that elected officials are to serve the public, and "economic development."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Yingling served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Economic Development|
|• State Government Administration|
|• Tollway Oversight|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Yingling won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 62. Yingling was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Sandy Cole (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sandy Cole Incumbent||44.7%||16,978|
According to Yingling's website, The Chicago Tribune endorsed Yingling.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sam + Yingling + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Sam Yingling for State Representative Facebook page
- Sam Yingling on Twitter
- Sam Yingling on YouTube
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Avon Township Supervisor profile
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Grayslake Patch, "Meet the Candidate: Sam Yingling for District 62 State Rep." August 23, 2012. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Sam Yingling, accessed October 25, 2012
Sandy Cole (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |