San Mateo County Sales Tax for Parks, Measure O (June 2008)
If Measure O had been approved, it would have enacted a one-eighth-cent sales tax to support parks and recreation services provided by cities, special districts and the county. The funds raised by this tax would go to maintain and repair parks and trails and facilities such as public bathrooms; and preserve natural open spaces.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the San Mateo County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure O: "To better support parks and recreation services provided by cities, special districts, and San Mateo County, including: Supporting after-school and summer programs for children and teens; providing overdue maintenance and repairs to parks, trails, and recreation areas; preserving natural open spaces; maintaining and improving park bathrooms and facilities; repairing and upgrading playgrounds and playing fields; Shall San Mateo County enact a one-eighth (1/8) cent sales tax, with annual audits and reports to the community?"|
- June 3, 2008 election results
- Letters assigned to local ballot measures San Mateo Daily News, March 14, 2008
- Roster of June 3 ballot measures in San Mateo County
- Taxes on ballots around Bay Area, San Francisco Chronicle review article, May 18, 2008.
- It's time to vote again
- California City Finance, June 3 ballot measures (page 2)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found