Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Oregon House of Representatives District 5|
Abercrombie ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 5. Abercrombie was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Peter Buckley (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Peter Buckley Incumbent||66.4%||20,635|
2010 Campaign themes
Abercrombie's campaign website listed focuses on 8 main issues:
- Public Safety: "She will work to ensure that the Oregon State Police receive the funding necessary to recruit, train and keep qualified Troopers on our highways... Sandy thinks that all teachers should be trained in self defense and have the fee waived for a Concealed Handgun License."
- Education: "As a graduate of Oregon public schools Sandy supports public education and believes that parents have the right and responsibility to be involved in their own school curriculum. She believes State budget priorities for funding education should focus on teachers and students in the classroom. She supports charter schools and home schooling."
- Government: "Sandy believes in a smaller, leaner, more fiscally responsible government that will prioritize spending and exercise self-control. Government needs to be transparent so that people will know how their tax dollars are being spent."
- Jobs/Economy: "The best way for government to create jobs is to help government get out of the private sector's way. Taxes, regulation and bureaucracy all hinder private-sector job creation."
- Natural Resources: "As a retired Forest Service employee Sandy supports the development of Oregon’s natural resources to create jobs with reasonable consideration for the environment."
- Property Rights: "Planning and zoning decisions belong at the local level. Landowners should receive just compensation when zoning decisions diminish property value."
- Health: "Oregonians should be able to deduct all health care expenses. Health care decisions belong in the hands of the doctors and patients."
- Constitution: "Sandy believes the US Constitution should be interpreted according to the original intent of the Founding Fathers. Constitutional Studies should be taught at every grade level."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sandra + Abercrombie + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Candidate twitter page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart