Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Strafford 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Strafford 1|
|1980 - 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of New Hampshire|
She is a former Democratic member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, representing Strafford 1 from 1980 to 2008, and from 2008 to 2012. Keans was a candidate in 2006. Her other political experience includes deputy mayor and Rochester City Council.
Keans earned a B.A. from University of New Hampshire.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Keans served on these committees:
Keans previously served on the following committee:
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Sandra Keans will face Joe Tanner in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Steven Beaudoin is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Keans ran for re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Strafford 9. Keans was unopposed in the September 11 primary and was defeated by Steven Beaudoin (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Strafford 9, General Election, 2012|
On November 2, 2010, Keans won re-election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
Keans advanced past the September 14 primary election. She faced incumbent Anne Grassie (D), incumbent Elaine Lauterborn (D), incumbent William Brennan (D), incumbent Pamela Hubbard (D), incumbent Rose Marie Rogers (D), incumbent Warren Groen (R), incumbent Julie Brown (R), Shawn Mickelonis (D), Pete Dow (D), Sandra Teti (D), Laura Jones (R), Cliff Newton (R), Kyle Jones (R), Fred Leonard (R), Bernhard McKay (R), Susan DeLemus (R), and Evelyn Logan (R) in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Keans finished first for the nine-seat Strafford District 1 in New Hampshire receiving 6,537 votes, ahead of Democrats Anne Grassie(6,525), Pamela Hubbard(5,887), Elaine Lauterborn(5,851), William Brennan(5,784), Rose Marie Rogers(5,474), and Republicans Julie Brown(5,739), James Twombly(5,623), Warren Groen(5,531) and Others(49).
Keans raised $600 towards her campaign.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Strafford District 1|
|Sandra Keans (D)||6,537|
|Anne Grassie (D)||6,525|
|Pamela Hubbard (D)||5,887|
|Elaine Lauterborn (D)||5,851|
|William Brennan (D)||5,784|
|Julie Brown (R)||5,739|
|James Twombly (R)||5,623|
|Warren Groen (R)||5,531|
|Rose Marie Rogers (D)||5,474|
|Jeremy R. Bourgeois (D)||5,238|
|Thomas Kaczynski (R)||4,968|
|Deborah Billian (D)||4,881|
|Deborah Kaczynski (R)||4,718|
In 2010, a year in which Keans was up for re-election, she did not collect any money in donations.
Keans is a widow and has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sandra + Keans + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire House of Representatives District Strafford 9
- New Hampshire House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Hampshire General Court
- Primary candidate list for 2014
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State General Election Results- November 4, 2008," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Keans