Sangamon County, Illinois
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois county websites
- County board members are listed with contact information.
- Board meeting schedule, meeting minutes and meeting agendas are posted for meetings of the full board.
- County audits are available.
- County tax information can be found on the treasurer's page.
- Building permits and zoning information are available.
- The FAQs give a phone number to contact to make a FOIA request, but no other information is online.
- Budget is not published.
- Information is not provided on administrative officials and county contracts.
- There are no guidelines regarding public input at meetings.
- Although board meeting information is available, meeting minutes and agendas are not posted for standing committees.
- There are no financial disclosures or conflict-of-interest statements for elected officials or members of appointed commissions.
- The site does not disclose whether the county belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Main article: Illinois government sector lobbying
Sangamon County Regional Planning Commission belongs to the Illinois Association of Regional Councils, but did not disclose for how long or how much it pays in membership dues. The county and county departments do not hire contractual [lobbyists]], but the county does have membership in organizations that lobby.
The county has membership in 11 government sector lobbying associations. The county sometimes pays dues to the sheriffs associations concurrently. Since 2004, the county has spent $21,345 on membership to these associations.
|Illinois Association of County Board Members||$25.00||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Illinois Association of County Clerks & Recorders||$850.00||$1,480.00||$445.00||$525.00||$930.00||$1,045.00||-|
|Illinois Association of County Officials||$450.00||$565.00||$270.00||$270.00||$400.00||$365.00||-|
|Illinois Association of County Veterans Assistance Commissions||-||-||$275.00||$225.00||$225.00||-||-|
|Illinois Coroners and Medical Examiners Association||-||$425.00||$525.00||$375.00||$825.00||$425.00||-|
|Illinois Counties Solid Waste Management Association||-||-||-||$75.00||$75.00||$75.00||-|
|Illinois Sheriff's Association||-||-||-||-||-||$50.00||-|
|Illinois Sheriff's Association & National Sheriff's Association||$725.00||$725.00||$700.00||$700.00||$700.00||-|
|Illinois States Attorneys Association||$350.00||$350.00||$350.00||$350.00||$350.00||$350.00||-|
|National Association of County Recorders, Election Officials and Clerks||$35.00||$35.00||-||-||-||-||$150.00|
|Illinois Association of County Auditors||$495.00||$400.00||$1,125.00||$845.00||$845.00||$570.00|
- Sangamon County official website
- Sangamon County Clerk's Website
- Sangamon County Property Tax Information
- Sangamon County on Epodunk
- Sangamon County Free Public Records Directory
- Board Members
- Board Schedule
- Meeting Minutes
- Board Agendas
- Standing Committees
- Springfield-Sangamon County Regional Planning Commission, September 23, 2010
- Department of Elections and Clerk FOIA response
- Sangamon County Coroner Lobbying
- States Attorney FOIA Response, lobbying
- Veterans Department FOIA response
- County Recorder FOIA response
- Sheriff's Department - Lobbying