Santa Clara County Vehicle Registration Fee, Measure B (November 2010)
Measure B will add $10 to the fees associated with registering a vehicle in the county.
So-called "county congestion agencies" are allowed to place measures like this on the ballot under a law passed by the California State Legislature in October 2009.
These election results are from the Santa Clara County elections division as of November 27, 2010.
A simple majority vote was required to enact the new tax.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Measure B: To repair potholes, repave and maintain local streets, improve traffic flow on local roads; increase Santa Clara County’s share of state/federal matching funds; improve safety; and pay for other congestion and pollution mitigation projects; shall the motor vehicle registration fee be increased $10 for each vehicle registered in Santa Clara County; thereby relieving traffic congestion, improving streets and reducing polluted, toxic roadway runoff which contaminates water supplies, with all revenues to remain in Santa Clara County?|
- Vehicle registration fees in California
- Alameda County Vehicle Registration Fee
- San Mateo County Vehicle Registration Fee
- Contra Costa Times, "Car fee increase to go before Alameda County voters in November," July 15, 2010
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.