|Oregon House of Representatives District 16|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Earlham College, 1994|
|Master's||Oregon State University, 1999|
|Birthday||December 20, 1973|
|Place of birth||Las Vegas, NV|
|Religion||Lutheran (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America)|
Sara Gelser earned her Bachelors degree in History and Education from Earlham College in 1994 and her MA in Interdisciplinary Studies from Oregon State University in 1999.
Sara Gelser has a number of professional experiences, including working as a substitute teacher for Richmond Community School System, as a regional coordinator for the Oregon Parent Training and Information Center, as a policy analyst for the Oregon Department of Human Services, as a parent educator for Linn-Benton Community College, as a youth minister for Grace Lutheran Church, as the founder of FG Syndrome Family Alliance, and as regional coordinator for the Coalition in Oregon for Parent Education.
Sara Gelser began serving as a member on the Corvallis School Board in 2001 and did so until 2006. In 2004, Gelser started his candidacy for District 16 of the Oregon House of Representatives and became a representative in 2005. She presently continues to serve in that regard.
- Founder, FG Syndrome Family Alliance
- Member, Grace Lutheran Church, Corvallis
- Member, National Early Childhood Transition and Research Council Advisory Board
- Member, Zonta, Corvallis Chapter
- Past Member, Linn-Benton-Lincoln Education Service District
- Vice-President/President/Board Member, The Arc of Benton County.
- National Early Childhood Transition and Research Council Advisory Board
- Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Oregon Dispute Resolution Board, Oregon Department of Education
- State Interagency Coordinating Council.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gelser served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Chair|
|• Human Services and Housing|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gelser served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education, Co-Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gelser served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Education, Chair|
|• Online Learning Task Force, Co-Chair|
|• Public Education Appropriation|
Gelser won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon House of Representatives District 16. Gelser was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated Andrew Decker (R) and Rachel Feigner (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sara Gelser Incumbent||70.2%||19,306|
|Oregon State House, District 16|
|Sara Gelser (D)||15,782|
|Rose Cook (R)||7,096|
Gelser raised $77,229 for her campaign.
On November 4, 2008, Gelser ran unopposed and won election to Oregon State House District 16.
|Oregon State House District 16|
|Sara Gelser (D)||21,641|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Gelser collected $65,144 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sara Gelser's campaign in 2010|
|Acres, Jo Ann||$5,000|
|Oregon Education Association||$3,000|
|Oregon Medical Association||$2,000|
|Low Income Dental PAC||$2,000|
|Benton County Democratic Central Cmte||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$65,144|
In 2008 Gelser collected $77,229 in donations.
These were her largest contributors in 2008.
|OREGON HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION||$5,500|
|OREGON DENTAL ASSOCIATION||$5,000|
|DOCTORS FOR HEALTHY COMMUNITIES||$3,000|
|COALITION FOR A HEALTHY OREGON||$3,000|
Sara Gelser was born December 20, 1973 in Las Vegas, Nevada and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. She is currently married to Peter Gelser with four children and is known to be Lutheran.
- Representative Gelser's campaign
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Sara Gelser
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Representative Gelser's facebook
- Representative Gelser's twitter
- ↑ "New Legislative Session means new leaders in the House caucuses," Oregon Capitol News, November 11, 2010
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money 2008
- ↑ "Oregon State House official election results for 2008"
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donors
- ↑ 2008 campaign contributions
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 16
| Succeeded by|