Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 27|
Nitta's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Shrinking Our Government
- Excerpt: "When the government shrinks, our economy grows. Every unnecessary government program requires siphoning off money from the private sector that would otherwise be used to promote economic growth."
- Creating More Jobs
- Excerpt: "Creating more, better-paying jobs for our communities now and for our children in the future isn’t rocket science. All it requires is low taxes, less regulation and letting citizens do what only they can do best - invest and create."
- Protecting Our Rights
- Excerpt: "We need to push back against the federal intrusions on our rights and our lands, but when we do, we need to return power to the people. We must be careful to not replace federal overreach with state overreach."
- Funding Education
- Excerpt: "In order to reduce class sizes, we need more tax dollars in the classrooms. That means we have to grow the economy to raise revenue and promote efficiency in our education system."
Nitta ran in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 27. She and Mike Kennedy defeated Larry Hilton, Ross Ford, and Nancy Herbert Sechrest in the Republican convention. Kennedy subsequently defeated Nitta in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. Kennedy faces Constitution party candidate Scott Morgan in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives District 27 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sarah + Nitta + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.