|Michigan House of Representatives District 18|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 24|
|Birthday||December 9, 1974|
Previous offices held
Before being elected to the House, Roberts served as a Macomb County Commissioner. She is a former community advocate for Clean Water Action and has also served on the Macomb County Water Quality Board and the Blue Ribbon Commission for Lake St. Clair.
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Crony Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether TO RESTRICT THE RIGHT of shareholders to sell their own stock.
- Right to Work, Lawmakers voting on an amendment SUPPORTING RIGHT-TO-WORK zones.
- Dept. of State Cost-Saving, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SLOW DOWN PROGRESS ON THE SECRETARY OF STATE'S COST-SAVING CONSOLIDATION PLAN.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- Home Court Disadvantage, Lawmakers voting on whether TO GIVE MORE TAXING POWER to local government in Kalamazoo so it can finance a taxpayer-subsidized sports arena.
- Fire Safe Cigarettes, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN the sale of cigarettes that are not "fire safe."
- Balancing Act, Lawmakers voting on a budget to CUT REVENUE SHARING PAYMENTS to local governments as a way to balance the state budget without raising taxes.
- Balancing Act 2, Lawmakers voting on a cut of less than 3 percent to K-12 school aid payments so as to balance the state budget without tax increases.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- It’s From the Children, Lawmakers voting on whether to RAID $90 MILLION from the Michigan Higher Education Student Loan Authority.
- Left Behind, Lawmakers voting on whether TO FINANCE "No Worker Left Behind" with a 59.9 percent increase in general fund spending in the 2009 DELEG budget.
- First Class Schools, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep Detroit Public Schools' "first class" status even though the district no longer meets the population standard.
- Politically Correct Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE SUBSIDIES for plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 2, Lawmakers voting on whether to GIVE SUBSIDIES for Michigan film production.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 3, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE ELECTRIC CAR SUBSIDIES for a subsidiary of a Korean battery company.
- Secret Ballot, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep a SECRET BALLOT for union elections.
- Property Taxes Assaulted Again, Lawmakers voting on whether to allow public schools to EXPAND THE USE OF SINKING FUND property tax spending.
- Sneak Attack, Lawmakers voting on whether to allow public schools to EXPAND THE USE OF SINKING FUND property tax spending.
- Grapes of Wrath, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN home shipment of beer and wine to Michigan consumers.
- Subsidize Manufacture of Electric Cars, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a refundable Michigan Business Tax credit for makers of plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Authorize Special Tax Breaks for Ethanol Gas Stations, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a non-refundable Michigan Business Tax credit equal to 30 percent of the costs incurred by a gas station to convert existing pumps and tanks, or acquire new ones that deliver E85 ethanol or biodiesel fuel.
More voting record details
- List of all of Sarah Roberts’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Sarah Roberts’s 0 missed roll-call votes
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Roberts served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Roberts served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Energy and Technology|
|• Great Lakes and Environment|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security|
Roberts won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 18. She defeated Patrick Biange, Phillip A. DiMaria, and John M. Maynard in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Candice Rusie (R) and Daniel J. Flamand (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 24 General election (2010)|
|Anthony Forlini (R)||16,522|
|Sarah Roberts (D)||15,516|
|Keith Edwards (L)||919|
Sarah Roberts raised $147,866 for her campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 24|
|Sarah Roberts (D)||23,495|
|Bryan Brandenburg (R)||22,430|
|Jody Beaubien (G)||1,678|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sarah + Roberts + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- How they voted: Health care, meeting presence for public officials among ... - MLive.com
- Capitol Update - Patch.com
- Detroit's Schools Become Magnets Drawing Population Together - Businessweek
- $1.5M in grants to expand services at 3 Detroit schools, neighborhoods - The Detroit News
- Real Estate: What's your neighbor's home selling for? - Belleville News Democrat
- Amazing Teens - Jackson Free Press
- The latest news from the USOC - April 23 - Charlotte Observer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Sarah Roberts
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Michigan Votes - Sarah Roberts
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Sarah Roberts on Facebook
Richard LeBlanc (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 18
| Succeeded by|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 24
| Succeeded by|
Anthony Forlini (R)
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |