|Washington House of Representatives, District 46b|
|Bachelor's||Journalism, Northwestern University|
|Master's||MBA, Northwestern University|
|Profession||Lobbyist for substance abuse treatment funding, public campaign financing; businesswoman|
Siegfriedt's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Raising revenue
- Excerpt: "Governor Gregoire believes that we must find new revenue sources for this next budget. Sarajane believes that any revenue increases must also make the state's tax system more fair to working and middle-class families by asking wealthy individuals and corporations to pay their fair share. Sarajane would raise revenue in Olympia to pay for education, essential infrastructure and services...
- "Women's issues, including representation for women, now 32% of the legislature, with 10 women leaving"
- "Quality public education for all, from pre-K through higher ed or voc/tech"
- "Restore higher ed funding to 2009 levels and reverse the former 70% to now 30% public funding slide"
- "Managed growth and increased density at Northgate, on Lake City Way, at the 145th St. Gateway in Lake Forest Park and in downtown Kenmore, with community invovlement"
- "Support for low-income and affordable housing, especially near transit nodes"
- "Economic development--create living-wage jobs, especially housing, construction and small business"
- "Health care for all; maintain Basic Health and Apple Health for kids"
- "Stable funding stream for transit systems, including ferries:
- "Repeal the death penalty and "3 Strikes" laws; help exonerated prisoners"
- "Legalize and tax marijuana for adults"
- "Equal marriage rights for all"
Siegfriedt ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 46b. Siegfriedt advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by Jessyn Farrell (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 46b, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sarajane + Siegfriedt + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Siegfriedt's son, Kerry Gutknecht, worked in the D.C. office of Congressman Jay Inslee.
- Sarajane for House, "Sarajane Siegfriedt’s Legislative Priorities," accessed August 2, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Sarajane for House, "About," accessed August 2, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |