Save our Florida Initiative (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Protectss the Quality of Life of Floridans by preserving the environment, creating a positive business climate, efficient education system, individual rights, lower taxes and limiting spending on non-Floridans along with creating a responsible growth management policy.
Specifically the ballot would have:
- Protected animal and plant life from unnecessary harm
- Before opening or operating a business the state should encourage environmental friendly practices, give economically depressed areas financial assistance, businesses encouraged to create jobs but not at the risk of being hazardous to the environment
- Developers can be required to help pay for public school construction costs where overcrowding exists
- The state of Florida and local school boards must maintain proper educational standards and class sizes
- Individual rights must be protected and equitably reimbursed for private property use for government intervention
- Polluters must be fined instead of it being passed onto taxpayers
- Non-residents of Florida would no longer be able to receive financial assistance unless for emergency humanitarian reasons.
Michael Wilhelm chaired the Save our Florida PAC.
- Florida 2008 ballot measures
- Florida Initiative and Referendum Law
- Campaign finance requirements for Florida ballot measures
- Florida signature requirements
- Petition drive deadlines in 2008