is one of 67 counties
. The county was created on March 1, 1811, from parts of Berks and Northampton Counties and named for the Schuylkill River. As of 2000, the population was 150,336. Its county seat is Pottsville
- Main article: Evaluation of Pennsylvania county websites
- The names and contact information for all county commissioners is provided.
- County commissioner meeting agendas, minutes, and schedules are published.
- The names and contact information for all administrative official is provided.
- Information on planning and zoning is provided.
- Annual financial audit reports posted.
- Tax rate information is provided. Other local tax info available.
- The current budget is not published.
- There is no information on contracts, lobbying, and building permits.
Map of Schuykill's townships