L. Scott Bruun
|L. Scott Bruun|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 37|
|Master's||Portland State University|
Bruun has been a Precinct Committee member since 1994. He was Co-coordinator of the Bush-Cheney campaign in 2000 and a delegate to the GOP convention in 1996.
Bruun earned his M.B.A. from Portland State University. His professional experience includes working as Principal, S.I. Construction, and has been Vice President of Lorentz Bruun Construction, KeyBank of Oregon and Wells Fargo Bank.
Prior to leaving the Oregon House of Representatives, Bruun served on the following committees:
- Health Care Committee, Oregon House of Representatives
- Revenue Committee, Oregon House of Representatives
Bruun did not run for re-election in 2010.
Instead he faced Kurt Schrader (D) when he ran for the Oregon District 5 seat in the United States House of Representatives in the general election. On November 2, 2010, Kurt Schrader won re-election to the United States House. He defeated Scott Bruun (R) and Chris Lugo (Pacific Green) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Oregon District 5 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Kurt Schrader incumbent||51.3%||145,319|
|Pacific Green||Chris Lugo||2.7%||7,557|
|Oregon State House District 37|
|Scott Bruun (R)||16,097|
Bruun sent out a release shortly before financial data was due to the Federal Election Commission. The Republican candidate raised $198,000 between March 30 and June 30, with over $150,000 coming from individuals and just over $13,000 coming from political action committees (PACs).
In 2008, Bruun collected $318,766 in donations.
These were the largest contributions in 2008.
|PROMOTE OREGON LEADERSHIP PAC||$40,391|
|ASSOCIATED OREGON INDUSTRIES||$15,000|
|OREGON FOREST INDUSTRIES COUNCIL||$13,500|
|OREGON BEER & WINE DISTRIBUTORS ASSOCIATION||$11,500|
|OREGON WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION||$10,041|
|OREGON RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION||$10,000|
Bruun and his wife, Alison, have two children, Natalie and Katie.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "L. + Scott + Bruun + Oregon + House'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of L. Scott Bruun," accessed December 29, 2014
- Oregon Capital News, "'Red tide' skips Oregon’s congressional delegation," November 3, 2010
- Oregon Life, "Schrader edges Bruun in closely watched 5th District race," November 02, 2010
- U.S. Congress House Clerk, "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010," accessed March 28, 2013
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2008 Oregon State House Primary Election Results," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2008 House General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Politico, "Congressional candidates disclose latest financial data," July 16, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 19, 2014
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 37
| Succeeded by|
Julie Parrish (R)