|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Delaware, At-Large District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Richard Stockton College, New Jersey, 1992|
Gesty unsuccessfully sought election to the same seat in 2012.
Gesty earned a B.A. in business administration from Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in 1992. He has worked at BNY Mellon, formerly PFPC, Inc. or PNC Global Investment Servicing since 1993.
Gesty's campaign website listed the following issues:
- National Debt
- Excerpt: "America is being consumed by debt. When Congressman Ron Paul introduced House Bill 1207 to audit the Federal Reserve in early 2010, the national debt stood at $11 Trillion. Today, thanks in no small part to the Fed’s “Quantitative easing,” the debt is approaching $17 Trillion—a 55% increase in under three years. We still have not audited the Fed."
- Excerpt: "The current tax code is not just expensive and impossible to understand; it is also immoral and manipulated to serve special interests. You have the right to ALL the fruits of your labor, and the government needs to quit picking your pocket. At the same time, the US Constitution gives Congress the power to tax in order to promote the “general welfare” and fund the “common defense.”"
- Excerpt: "Federal dollars normally pay for only about 6.6% of public education spending in Delaware, but dictatorial Federal programs like No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top have seriously damaged our schools instead of helping them. Regulatory compliance with US Department of Education programs sometimes costs more than the total amount awarded to the schools."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Our leaders’ obsession with playing global policeman is bleeding us dry and draining the Treasury. We need a foreign policy and a military structure that concentrates on defending America, not fighting unconstitutional wars, protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan, or propping up dictators around the globe."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "The recent Supreme Court decision declaring the “individual mandate” of Obamacare to be constitutional as a tax has laid the groundwork for a complete government takeover of our healthcare system. Millions of Americans are now waiting to see how long their insurance will continue to be valid, and millions of others wonder when we might see the beginning of rationed care."
|U.S. House, Delaware's At-Large District General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John C. Carney Jr. Incumbent||59.3%||137,251|
|Source: Delaware Department of Elections|
Gesty ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Delaware's at-large District. Gesty sought the nomination on the Libertarian ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was July 10, 2012. Gesty ran unopposed in the primary and advanced to the general election on November 6, 2012, where he was defeated by John Carney.
|U.S. House, Delaware At-Large District General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John C. Carney, Jr. Incumbent||64.7%||238,081|
|Source: Delaware Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
No campaign finance reports are available.
Gesty and his wife, Maria, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "'Scott + Gesty + Delaware + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Delaware's At-Large Congressional District elections, 2014
- Delaware's At-Large Congressional District
- Delaware Secretary of State, "General election candidates," accessed July 8, 2014
- Campaign website, "Biography," accessed July 9, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed July 9, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Delaware Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 10, 2012
- ABC News, "General Election Results," November 6, 2012
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 18, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014