|Wisconsin State Assembly District 83|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Gunderson resigned from the Assembly on January 3, 2011, after accepting a position in the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. He served as Supervisor on the Waterford Town Board from 1991-1995.
Gunderson owned Gundy's Sport from 1980-2007, and has worked as a farmer.
He is a member of a number of organizations, including the Racine County Agricultural Society, Pishtaka Wildlife Society, Racine County Agricultural Society, Fox River Chapter - Wings Over Wisconsin, Ducks Unlimited, Waterford Lions Club, Pheasants Forever, Racine County Farm Bureau, Waterford Lions Club, and Wisconsin Waterfowl Association.
Prior to his resignation, Gunderson served on the following committees:
- Fish and Wildlife Committee
- Natural Resources Committee
- Administrative Rules Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Gunderson was re-elected to Wisconsin State Assembly District 83. He defeated Democrat Aaron Robertson general election on November 2, 2010. He was unopposed in the September 14, 2010, primary election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 83 General Election (2010)|
|Scott Gunderson (R)||22,192|
|Aaron Robertson (D)||6,003|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 83 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Scott L. Gunderson (R)||10,597||99.91%|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-70 Background checks for handgun purchasers: DOJ required to check for court order or finding rendering the person ineligible under federal law re mental health status; courts required to determine ineligibility and other duties; person may petition court to cancel the order
- AB-150 Fur-bearing animals: revisions re possession of green skin; selling, buying, bartering, or trading certain animal carcasses; metal identification tag on traps; DNR provisions
- AB-222 Hunting and firearm possession revisions re accompaniment of hunters under age 16, hunting with a crossbow on certain lands, and possession of firearm for target practice age restriction; hunting mentorship program established and minimum hunting age lowered
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Gunderson's 2008 campaign:
|WI Pipe Trades||$500|
|WI Builders Assoc||$500|
|National Assoc of Theater Owners||$500|
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Scott Gunderson
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, [http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=56711 1998
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Gunderson's Freedom Speaks profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |