|Former candidate for|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 93|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Herman's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am completely dedicated to ensuring the American Disabilities Act is followed and respected. I will also strive to ensure that all businesses within my District and beyond are educated in how to follow all ADA requirements to avoid fines."
- Excerpt: "When elected I will work to implement a series of changes I am dubbing, “L.I.G.H.T.”, which will stand for Loans, Interdisciplinary, GRE, Hiring, and Technology, but not necessarily in that order."
- Excerpt: "I will work to help all Floridians to benefit from programs such as real rebates and incentives. In our District, we are fortunate to have many options to explore such as solar energy, landfill gas, wind energy, biomass, tidal energy, ocean thermal and many more."
- Excerpt: "I believe saying one supports equality for all Floridians means to go beyond empty words to garner votes or nonbinding resolutions. Instead, I will take a stronger action and will stand behind my promises."
- Excerpt: "I will introduce legislation to fully fund ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) and work to close the gaps in insurance coverage into which so many of our residents fall, like those with pre-existing conditions."
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Scott Herman was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent George Moraitis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Herman was defeated by Moraitis in the general election.
Herman ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 94. Herman ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Perry E. Thurston, Jr. (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Perry E. Thurston, Jr. Incumbent||84.2%||54,339|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Herman + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives District 93
- Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Florida State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Scott Herman on Twitter
- Scott Herman on Facebook
- Scott Herman on Youtube
- electscottherman.com, "Issues," accessed October 28, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |