Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas State Senate, District 8|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Texas State Senate will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Van Taylor was unopposed in the Republican primary. Taylor will face Scott Jameson (L) in the general election.
Jameson faced incumbent David Dewhurst (R), Linda Chavez-Thompson (D) and Herb Gonzales, Jr. (G) in the general election for Lieutenant Governor of Texas on November 2, 2010. Dewhurst won re-election.
|Lieutenant Governor of Texas, 2010|
|Republican||David Dewhurst Incumbent||61.8%||3,049,109|
|Green||Herb Gonzales, Jr.||0.9%||44,903|
|Election Results Via: Texas Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Scott + Jameson + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Libertarian Party "Candidate list," accessed July 18, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election: Election Night Returns, Lieutenant Governor," updated November 3, 2010 at 12:15, accessed November 15, 2010