Scott M. Hodges
|Washington House of Representatives, District 46b|
Hodges's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Policy
- Excerpt: "Taxes should be collected and used as close to the same locality as possible. Use tax revenues for the general welfare rather than social agendas. The State should opt out of Federal Programs that require trading personal freedoms for money, and distort individual choice. Sacrifice is necessary to maintain and restore Individual Choice and Government Flexibility. By dismantling exorbitant regulations in the business and social arenas we can alleviate some of the pressures that keep our economy stagnant. By dismantling exorbitant regulations in the business and social arenas we can alleviate some of the pressures that keep our economy stagnant."
- Moral Issues
- Excerpt: "It is not the role of government to legislate morality and interfere with choice. We should work to remove laws that prevent the expression of liberty and individual choice. As long as individual choices do not interfere with the rights of others, there should be no legislation preventing any specific choice."
- Excerpt: "Skilled, well-paid teachers should make curriculum decisions locally. Families have the right to decide what options are best for each child in the family. Adults have the responsibility to be active in their local educational institutions, and take an active interest in the welfare of the children in their sphere of influence. Public educators should receive competitive wages, and budget cuts should not affect K-12 education."
- Excerpt: "Undoubtedly our healthcare system is in dire need of reform. Though, increased regulations such as the Affordable Care Act, neglect the value of Individual Choice. Once we move toward a centralized model, choice is distorted."
Hodges ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 46b. Hodges was defeated by Sarajane Siegfriedt and Jessyn Farrell in the August 7 blanket primary election. They face each other in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Hodges + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |