Scott Martin (Virginia)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 39|
|Place of birth||Dumfries, Virginia|
Martin has earned degrees from the Peabody Conservatory/Johns Hopkins University and the University of Maryland, College Park.
Martin has worked in numerous positions in the higher education and administrative field over 24 years.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Martin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Government’s responsibility is not to create jobs, but to extend freedom and opportunity to create businesses that create jobs & wealth. Our state government should provide an economic and legal environment that encourages entrepreneurship and the creation and growth of businesses and other private entities that provide jobs for our citizens."
- Excerpt: "Before we pursue further layoffs and reductions in essential state services, before we consider new and increased taxes, we should explore a tiered salary reduction program across our state."
- Excerpt: "Too much funding is directed into administration and support, rather than into our classroom and to our teachers."
- Excerpt: "I support all legislation that entitles every law-abiding citizen of the Commonwealth the right to own a firearm, and to use that firearm to protect his person, family and possession. I will not support legislation that hinders or restricts this fundamental right in any way."
- Family Values
- Excerpt: "As the father of three children, I firmly believe that our families are the foundation of our society."
- Excerpt: "Gridlock and poor roads remain a major concern for Northern Virginia. Several projects in our region must be addressed."
- Excerpt: "It is my wish to see Virginia lead the way in making our state the most veteran friendly places to live in our great nation."
Martin is married and has three children.