Scott McCoy, Illinois
|Illinois House of Representatives District 106|
|Mayor of Pontiac, Illinois|
|2005 – 2009|
|High school||Pontiac Township High School (1989)|
|Birthday||December 7, 1970|
|Place of birth||Pontiac, Illinois|
|Profession||Entrepreneur/small business owner|
McCoy is an entrepreneur and small business owner in the technology development field. He previously served as Mayor of Pontiac, Illinois from 2005 to 2009. During that time he fought to save the Pontiac Correctional Center from closure and won an appeal for FEMA disaster assistance for Pontiac and Watseka after it was initially denied.
McCoy's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Concealed Carry in Illinois
- Excerpt: "Illinois is now the last state when it comes to concealed carry. Every one of the other 49 states have some type of concealed carry laws that allow their citizens to protect themselves and their families."
- Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "In reality, the Illinois Constitution says you can't plan on spending more than you guess you'll have available for the year. Or, in short, just plug in some numbers and call it balanced"
- Business & Jobs
- Excerpt: "I've been a small business owner for nearly two decades now. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. I've created new products and services, created dozens of jobs, and pumped a lot of tax revenue into the local and state economy. And for that, I would be lucky to have earned $2.00 per hour I put into my business over the years."
- Excerpt: "This nation is one nation under God. We recognize God in our Pledge of Allegiance, in our founding documents, and on our money -- "In God We Trust.""
- Pro-Life vs. Pro-choice
- Excerpt: "I'm PRO-LIFE, period!"
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "The easy answer is term limits. Term Limits were important enough to assign to the President of the United States, yet just about every other elected office unlimited."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 106 Republican Primary, 2012|
McCoy is an Elder in the Pontiac First Presbyterian Church.
- Official campaign website
- [http://www.votesmart.org/candidate/biography/135000/scott-mccoy Project Vote Smart biography
- Scott McCoy on Twitter
- The Scott McCoy Story
- Quotes about Scott McCoy
- Biographical information provided to Ballotpedia by Scott McCoy on December 25, 2011
- Campaign website, The Issues
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |