Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 67|
Parkin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
We need to focus on basic, pragmatic issues.
- Excerpt:"The fact is that Utah needs to work on education, jobs, and fundamental services that have begun to deteriorate over the past decade. That's my focus--make the core stuff work better."
Government is about the people
- Excerpt:"I believe in the core idea that a legislature that governs least, governs best. The focus should be on identifying and addressing real problems, and eliminating outdated or unnecessary legislation."
Communication and transparency
- Excerpt:"I can't promise to please everyone with every vote I cast in the legislature, but I can promise to make sure you know how and why I take a position, and I can promise to actively seek your voice and understanding of those issues."
It shouldn't be about personal benefits
- Excerpt:"I consider public service an honor and duty, and I promise to work for the interests of all, not of a particular faction or industry. "
Parkin ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 67. Parkin was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary and was defeated by Marc Roberts (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Parkin + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 10 Homes With Tennis Courts That Make Us Want To Play Like Venus And ... - Huffington Post
- NHL Playoffs 2013: Predictions From Me and Snoop Dogg - Huffington Post Canada (blog)
- Latasha Renee Love Has Cops Arrest Son For Allegedly Stealing Her Pop Tarts - Huffington Post
- Chuck Norris Defends Tim Tebow, Says Jaguars Should Sign QB - Huffington Post
- Jose Canseco Tweets That He Has Been Charged With Rape: Las Vegas Police ... - Huffington Post
- Mike Trout Cycle: Angels Star Hits For Histor Cycle vs. Mariners (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- ESPN Layoffs: Sports Network Reportedly Letting Go Of Hundreds [UPDATED - Huffington Post]
- New York City Football Club: Yankees, Manchester City To Co-Own New MLS ... - Huffington Post
- Miguel Cabrera Hits 3 Home Runs, But Tigers Lose To Rangers 11-8 (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- 2013 Preakness: Orb, Triple Crown Hopeful, Has Gone From Ordinary To ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found