|Missouri State Senate, District 1|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 96|
|2011 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||Truman State University|
|J.D.||University of Michigan Law School, 1999|
Sifton served in the Missouri House of Representatives, representing District 96 from 2011 to 2013.
Sifton earned his B.S. from Truman State University in 1996, and his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 1999. His professional experience includes working as a partner and attorney at Husch Blackwell.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sifton served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Financial and Governmental Organizations and Elections|
|• Veterans' Affairs and Health|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sifton served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• General Laws|
|• International Trade and Job Creation|
|• Professional Registration and Licensing|
|• Joint Committee on Legislative Research|
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2012
Sifton won election in the 2012 election for Missouri State Senate, District 1. Sifton defeated Sue Schoemehl in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Jim Lembke (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Lembke Incumbent||49.1%||44,055|
|Missouri State Senate, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 96 General Election (2010)|
|Scott Sifton (D)||5,655|
|Tony Leech (R)||4,062|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Sifton was up for re-election, he collected $95,882 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Onder Shelton Oleary & Peterson||$1,392|
|Saint Louis Association of Realtors||$1,125|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 655||$1,000|
Sifton and his wife, Stacey, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Sifton + Missouri + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 2 Senators Honor Brentwood High School - Patch.com
- Bosley letter the latest illustration of entitlement in politics - STLtoday.com
- Missouri income tax cut battle looms in veto session - Kansas Watchdog
- Missouri seniors have little protection from spikes in property tax bills - Kansas City Star
- Development For Low Income Seniors To Go Back To Planning And Zoning ... - St. Louis Public Radio
- Public hearing set on zoning for site of Oakville senior complex - Call Newspapers
- St. Louis County Council votes to give senior project more review - SuburbanJournals
- Changing the requirements for petitions - Springfield News-Leader
- Love note from Jeff City - El Dorado Springs Sun
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Jim Lembke (R)
|Missouri State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 96
| Succeeded by|
Mike Leara (R)