For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 7|
Sutherland listed the following campaign issues on VoteWA.org:
- To develop better treatment for AIDS patients and a effective AIDS vaccine.
- To revise the tax code to promote the building of manufacturing plants and renewable energy power plants and revitalize the economy and reduce the unemployment rate below five percent.
- To develop independence from foreign oil through the use of geothermal energy, biomass and other renewable energy. These green energy sources can produce electricity, gasoline and diesel fuel. The green jobs will provide the millions of jobs and stop the dependence from foreign oil. We can save nearly a billion dollars a day from not buying foreign oil.
- To stop the wasteful spending in Congress. I have no problem putting a thin red line under any and all wasteful spending from any member of Congress.
- We must invest in America for the future of America. We need fiscal responsibility.
- Constitutional Amendment: Members of congress are to handwrite all proposed law. If a member of congress is physically unable to handwrite a proposed law, another member of congress can handwrite it for them.
Sutherland ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 7th District. He was defeated by incumbent Jim McDermott (D) and Craig Keller (R), who were the top two vote-getters in the blanket primary.
|U.S. House, Washington District 7, Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Jim McDermott Incumbent||76.5%||95,708|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Sutherland + Washington + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Washington's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Washington's 7th Congressional District