Scott Valley Fire & Emergency Response Zone parcel tax, Measure N (November 2008)
If Measure N had been approved, it would have imposed a $40/year/parcel tax.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Siskiyou County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|MEASURE N: "Shall the county levy a special tax in the Scott Valley Fire & Emergency Response Zone to be used only for fire and emergency response purposes not to exceed forty dollars ($40.00) each year for each improved parcel, with lesser amounts for unimproved parcels and additional parcels beyond the first parcel, subject to cost of living adjustment not to exceed four percent (4%) in any year."|
Path to the ballot
The vote to place this unsuccessful measure on the ballot was taken on July 8, 2008.
- Supervisors Overman, Armstrong, Kobseff and Cook voted to place it on the ballot.
- Supervisor Erickson was absent.
- There were no "no" votes.
- Measure N
- Siskiyou County local ballot measure election results for November 4, 2008
- Cal Tax final election results for November 4