Scott Valley Fire & Emergency Response Zone parcel tax, Measure N (November 2008)
(Redirected from Scott Valley fire district parcel tax, Measure N, 2008)
November 4, 2008 ballot for voters in the Scott Valley Fire & Emergency Response Zone in Siskiyou County, where it was defeated.
If Measure N had been approved, it would have imposed a $40/year/parcel tax.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Siskiyou County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|MEASURE N: "Shall the county levy a special tax in the Scott Valley Fire & Emergency Response Zone to be used only for fire and emergency response purposes not to exceed forty dollars ($40.00) each year for each improved parcel, with lesser amounts for unimproved parcels and additional parcels beyond the first parcel, subject to cost of living adjustment not to exceed four percent (4%) in any year."|
Path to the ballot
The vote to place this unsuccessful measure on the ballot was taken on July 8, 2008.
- Supervisors Overman, Armstrong, Kobseff and Cook voted to place it on the ballot.
- Supervisor Erickson was absent.
- There were no "no" votes.
- Measure N
- Siskiyou County local ballot measure election results for November 4, 2008
- Cal Tax final election results for November 4