|California State Assembly District 1|
|December 3, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Santa Clarita Community College Board of Trustees Member|
|Bachelor's||CSU Bakersfield (1983)|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Wilk earned his B.A. in Political Science from the California State University Bakersfield. His professional experience includes working as a small business owner, running the communications firm Liaison Consulting, and a former political staffer to Tom McClintock, Paula Boland, and Howard McKeon. He currently serves as an elected member of the Santa Clarita Community College District Board of Trustees having been appointed to that role in 2006 and subsequently winning election to the position in 2007 and 2011. The Signal Newspaper honored Scott multiple times as one of the 51 most influential people in Santa Clarita. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital Foundation and on the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Legislative Committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilk served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media|
|• Business, Professions and Consumer Protection|
|• Higher Education|
|• Rules, Vice-chair|
|• Joint Rules|
Wilk won election in the 2012 election for California Assembly District 38. He placed first in the June 5th primary, blanket primary, defeating Patricia McKeon (R) and Paul Strickland (R). Wilk defeated Edward Headington (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Scott Thomas Wilk||56.9%||100,069|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2012, Wilk's endorsements included the following:
- Assemblyman Cameron Smyth (38th District Incumbent)
- State Senator Tony Strickland
- U.S. Congressman Tom McClintock
- State Senator Sharon Runner
- Board of Equalization Member George Runner
- Assemblyman Richard L. Mountjoy (ret.)
- Assemblywoman Paula Boland (ret.)
Scott and his wife, Vanessa, have two adult children, Scott Jr. and Allison. They reside in Santa Clarita.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Wilk + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Scott Wilk: The budget debate that never was - Santa Clarita Valley Signal
- Bill would let Calif cities decide on open records - San Francisco Examiner
- SCV Chamber: Government Affairs Roundup (6-18-2013) - SCVNEWS.com
- Calif. Legislature passes $96.3B Democratic budget - San Bernardino Sun
- Scott Wilk Selects LED Inc. As Business Of The Year - KHTS Radio
- Local districts eye funding - Santa Clarita Valley Signal
- 14 Santa Clarita candidates vie for vacant Hart board seat - Santa Clarita Valley Signal
- House of Origin Onslaught Shows Slightest Glimmer of Hope, If GOP Will Only ... - Fox and Hounds Daily
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Cameron Smyth (R)
|California State Assembly District 38
| Succeeded by|