|New York State Assembly District 130|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|J.D.||Wake Forest University|
Hanna earned his B.S. in Economics from Boston College and his J.D. from Wake Forest University. His professional experience included working as lead trial attorney for the County Executive Maggie Brooks' Administration and as a former felony trial prosecutor for the Monroe County District Attorney's Office.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hanna served on the following committees:
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Hanna ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 55. Hanna ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Hanna was defeated by Ted O'Brien (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 55, General Election, 2012|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Hanna ran in the 2010 election for New York State Assembly District 130. He was uncontested in the September 14 Republican primary. Hanna defeated David R. Nachbar (D) in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 130 2010|
|Sean Hanna (R)||26,907|
|David R. Nachbar (D)||18,967|
In 2010, Hanna raised a total of $208,313 in campaign contributions.
His largest six campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Monroe County Republican Cmte||$177,674|
|Hanna, Sean T||$9,000|
|Livingston County Republican Cmte||$1,500|
|Operating Engineers Local 832||$1,500|
|Clark, Phillip J||$1,500|
Hanna and his wife, Marlene, have two children, Katie and Aidan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sean + Hanna + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sean Hanna," accessed December 24, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed August 1, 2014
Joseph Errigo (R)
|New York Assembly District 130
| Succeeded by|
Robert Oaks (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |