For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Indiana Commissioner of Labor|
|January 2013 – September 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Mike Pence (R)|
Keefer previously served as Chief of Staff for the Indiana State Department.
Legislative Director in the Office of the Governor (September 2013-Present)
On September 9, 2013, Gov. Pence named Keefer as his Legislative Director. In this position, Keefer's responsibilities include overseeing the progression of the governor's legislative agenda, coordinating the administration's lobbying efforts, and negotiating with the legislature. He is also tasked with informing the governor and his staff how the legislature is likely to react to various proposals made by the administration. If and when the need arises, Keefer will also advise Pence on whether or not to approve or veto legislation.
Commissioner of Labor (January-September 2013)
On January 14, 2013, Keefer was appointed Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Labor by Gov. Mike Pence (R). Keefer promised 2,000 workplace safety inspections in 2013, leading some to scrutinize this decision. The federal arm of OSHA opened an investigation into Indiana's program due to concerns that requiring more inspections without hiring additional workers could lead to less-thorough investigations.
Deputy Commissioner of Labor
Keefer served as the Deputy Commissioner of Labor under the administration of former-governor, Mitch Daniels. While serving in this position, Keefer oversaw the OSHA consultation program, INSafe. This role required him to manage a team of "occupational safety and health professionals" who used their knowledge to consult, train and educate Indiana employees, employers, and other professionals. During his tenure as Deputy Commissioner, OSHA honored INSafe with an On-Site Consultation Achievement Recognition Award (OSCAR), the first for this division.
Originally from Fort Wayne, Indiana, Keefer now resides in Fishers. He lives with his wife, Gabriela, and his two children, Santiago and Ramiro.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sean + Keefer + Indiana + Labor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana Daily Student, "Governor-elect fills additional cabinet seats," January 10, 2013
- IN.gov, "Pence Names Sean Keefer Legislative Director in Office of the Governor," September 6, 2013
- ValpoLife.com, "Pence Names Sean Keefer Legislative Director in Office of the Governor," September 9, 2013
- National Governors Association, "Governors' Office Functions," accessed September 29, 2013
- Indiana.gov, "Commissioner of Labor," accessed September 29, 2013
- Insurance Journal, "Feds Probing Indiana’s Workplace Safety Agency," April 15, 2013
|Indiana Commissioner of Labor
January – September 2013
| Succeeded by|