|Michigan House of Representatives District 60|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Kalamazoo City Commission|
|Bachelor's||Western Michigan University, 1993|
|Place of birth||Detroit|
McCann served on the Kalamazoo City Commission for 10 years, beginning in 1999.
McCann is a 1993 graduate of Western Michigan University, where he earned his Bachelor's degree in Political Science.
McCann's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Job creation & Michigan’s Economic Recovery
- Excerpt:"Investing in education, ensuring that we have a skilled, dedicated work force motivating employers to seek out and retain Michigan workers for decades to come."
- Excerpt:"As a 23-year resident of Kalamazoo, I’ve seen the importance of good solid education and what impact programs like the Kalamazoo Promise can have on communities. In my time in Lansing, I have worked to expand the positive impact of education. The rest of Michigan must embrace educating our future generations with the same dedication as Kalamazoo."
- Excerpt:"The State Representative for the 60th District has maintained a local, non-partisan District Service Office (DSO) in downtown Kalamazoo for many decades. I will strongly continue this practice as part of my commitment to the constituents of the 60th District."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McCann served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCann served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
McCann won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 60. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Mike Perrin (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sean McCann Incumbent||74.2%||27,378|
McCann won election to the District 60 Seat in 2010. He defeated Dustin Harback and Chris Praedel in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Jeff Fernandez (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60 General election (2010)|
|Sean McCann (D)'||13,841|
|Jeff Fernandez (R)||8,024|
Comprehensive donor information for McCann is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, McCann raised a total of $130,254 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|Sean McCann's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 60||$65,203|
|2010||Michigan State House, District 60||$65,051|
|Grand Total Raised||$130,254|
McCann won re-election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McCann raised a total of $65,203.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sean McCann's campaign in 2012|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$2,500|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$2,000|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 7||$2,000|
|Michigan Education Association||$1,550|
|Total Raised in 2012||$65,203|
|Source:Follow the Money|
McCann won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, McCann raised a total of $65,051.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sean McCann's campaign in 2010|
|Michigan Education Association||$5,000|
|Hammel Leadership Fund||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$65,051|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sean + McCann + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State Rep. Sean McCann proposes independent commission to draw state's ... - Mlive Kalamazoo
- How they voted: School dissolution, fireworks, Medicaid debated by Michigan ... - MLive.com
- The Search for the Magic Fig Leaf - Daily Caller
- State Representative introduces legislation to change redistricting process in ... - WKZO
- How they voted: Hunting fees, vehicle sales taxes among issues tackled by ... - MLive.com
- Democratic Rep. McCann calls for change to redistricting laws - WKAR
- Taxpayers spend $41.3 million in a year to advertise food stamps, a 6-fold ... - Daily Caller
- Lansing reaches agreement on new money for road repairs - WWMT-TV
- McCann disappointed in the new state budget - WKZO
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Sean McCann received a 12% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Robert Jones (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 60
| Succeeded by|