|Minnesota State Senate District 32|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Minnesota House of Representatives|
|Birthday||March 9, 1968|
Sean currently works as a consultant and adviser. Prior his time in the Senate he worked for American Express Financial Advisers for 14 years.
Nienow's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Generally speaking, I believe that we over-taxed and should not pursue more increases in taxes."
- Excerpt:"With responsible budgeting we can balance future budget without job-hindering tax increases, let businesses expand and grow jobs, and get the state back on the sound financial footing it was on when I first left the MN Senate in 2007- and left Minnesota with a $2 Billion budget Surplus!"
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt:"Without employers there can’t be employees. We must create an employer-friendly environment to expand the Minnesota economy. We need to restructure our tax, regulation, permitting & licensing, and work to make get state bureaucracies in a supporting role for job creation rather than a barrier to job creation."
- Excerpt:"Our health care system needs dramatic changes to help improve service and reduce costs. We must reform medical malpractice system, which now mostly benefits trial lawyers. We need to open up free market competition so that more providers can compete offering better less-expensive options."
- Excerpt:"Our education system is in dire need of improvements and reform. We need more local control with less state involvement and fewer mandates. Equity in the convoluted and archaic funding formula is desperately needed, so that schools in other parts of Minnesota are not receiving upwards of twice as much per student as our local districts."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Nienow served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health, Human Services and Housing|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nienow served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Economies|
|• Finance, Vice-chair|
|• Health and Human Services|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Nienow won election in District 32 in 2012 due to redistricting. He was unopposed in the August 14 Republican primary and defeated Jeske Noordergraaf (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sean Nienow Incumbent||54.3%||21,955|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 17 (2010)|
|Sean Nienow (R)||21171||56.01%|
|Rick Olseen (DFL)||16569||43.83%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Nienow received $30,963 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sean Nienow's campaign in 2010|
|Eastlund Volunteer Cmtee||$2,400|
|Isanti County Republicans||$1,100|
|Chisago County Rpm||$1,000|
|Hamilton, Harold E||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,963|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sean + Nienow + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senator Sean Nienow statement on same sex marriage bill - Isanti County News
- After 17-hour debate, Minnesota Senate OKs unions for child, personal care ... - Pioneer Press
- Legislature adjourns as tax bill closes $627 million state budget deficit - Coon Rapids Herald
- Minnesota Senate OKs unions for child, personal care workers - Pioneer Press
- Senate education bill passes test, but graduation test fails - South Washington County Bulletin
- Minnesota Senate: Caregiver union drive efforts stall on tie vote - Pioneer Press
- States Consider Drug Testing Lawmakers - Utah Policy
- Nienow doesn't mind being vocal in the minority - East Central Minnesota Post Review
- MN lawmaker wants Vikings to cover all stadium shortfalls - KARE
- Minnesota National Guard launches its $3.9 million drone facility - Minneapolis Star Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Nienow and his wife Cyndy have six children.
- Campaign site
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- ↑ "nienow," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 12, 2012.
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Secretary of State Official general election results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
Warren Limmer (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 32
| Succeeded by|
Rick Olseen (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|
Lyle Koenen (DFL)