|Kansas House of Representatives District 52|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|M.D.||University of Bombay|
Gandhi came to the United States in 1967, after graduating from medical school at the University of Bombay. He retired in 2010 after working as a cardiovascular surgeon.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gandhi served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Social Services Budget|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Gandhi's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Preserve personal freedom
- Excerpt:"Personal freedom is one of the basic tenets this country was founded on and is gradually being eroded."
Limit size of the government
- Excerpt:"In Kansas, it will be one of the most important task of the legislature to contain the size of our government. This will allow the small businesses to grow which is the engine that drives our economy."
Control Government Spending
- Excerpt:"Our national debt is mounting by the minute. It is going up at the rate of more than $2.8 million every minute."
- Excerpt:"If we expect people to live within their means, the government has an obligation to do so."
Gandhi won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 52. Gandhi defeated WM. Scott Hesse and Dick Jones in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Ted Ensley (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 52 Republican Primary, 2012|
|WM. Scott Hesse||27.7%||1,137|
Comprehensive donor information for Gandhi is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gandhi raised a total of $31,756 during that time period. This information was last updated on 6/19/2013.
|Shanti Gandhi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 52||$31,756|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,756|
Gandhi won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Gandhi raised a total of $31,756.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shanti Gandhi's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Medical Society||$875|
|Heinz, Mark V & Lisa A||$500|
|Lutes, David & Rachel||$500|
|Craig, Harry & Karen||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,756|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gandhi and his wife Susan have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Shanti + Gandhi + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Some Kansas lawmakers forfeit OT - KSN-TV
- Budget debate extends session - Ottawaherald.com
- Some legislators waive pay for overtime session - Hutchinson News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Lana Gordon (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |